Campus Celebrity: Dallas Kessman!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

The Campus Celebrity for this week is USD’s football star, Dallas Kessman! He is a Communicaton Studies major with a lot of self-motivation and a great personality. On top of football, Dallas plays the guitar and surfs! Her Campus cannot wait to see what this senior does after his time at USD. 

Hometown: I was born in Long Beach, California and raised in Trabuco Canyon, California where I attended Mission Viejo High School. 

Relationship Status: I have been in a relationship with Natalya Kadziauskas for about 9 months now. 

HC: How would your friends describe you?

DK: My friends would probably describe me as goofy, memorable, and honest. 

HC: What are your plans when you graduate?

DK: A few options I have when I graduate is to get my real estate license and start working for my dad, and/or continue my career with American Football internationally.  

HC: What has been your most memorable time at USD?

DK: A few of my favorite memories at USD are sophomore year going to college night at the Padres stadium with some of my closest buddies, and also winning the PFL title in New York vs Marist and celebrating the win in Time Square. 

HC: What is your favorite class that you have taken at USD? Professor?

DK: My favorite class at USD would have to be Sports and Media with Professor David Sullivan. 

HC: Why did you choose USD?

DK:  I chose USD because of the great location, the football program, and the education. 

HC: What are you involved in on USD campus?

DK:  I am involved with the Autism Tree Foundation and plan on taking my little buddy to Disneyland after this season. 

HC: How has your football season been going thus far?

DK: So far this season has been a fun one. As a senior, I am enjoying every game to the fullest and trying to maintain my health throughout. We are working extremely hard to win our fifth straight PFL title.  

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego?

DK: My favorite thing to do in SD is obviously to be at the beach, whether on my surfboard, or hanging out being lazy on the sand.

HC: What is your favorite restaurant in San Diego?  

DK: No doubt in my mind that RB sushi is my favorite restaurant in San Diego. All you can eat Nigiri is my greatest weakness.  

HC: What is your favorite movie?

DK: This is a tough one as I have a few favorites. I would have to say that Training Day,  8 Mile, and Straight Outta Compton are some of my favorite movies. 

HC: Are you a pet person?

DK: I love animals, especially dogs. However, back home my parents have a cat. I plan on getting a dog as soon as the timing seems reasonable. 

Thank you Dallas!! Good luck to you and your team the rest of this season!! Go Toreros!!

Ashlyn is a writer for the Her Campus San Diego Chapter. She is an incoming Freshman at the USD and is originally from Southern Idaho. Some of her hobbies include shopping, hanging with friends, pilates, and traveling.