5 Coffee Shops to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

As we reach the end of the semester, the majority of your time will probably be spent writing long papers or studying for dreaded finals. If you get tired of going to Starbucks or Better Buzz, here are some options to switch up your study session environments. Get out of the library and into the outside world! Your brain will thank you for the much needed break. Oh and don’t worry, all these spots will fulfill your wifi needs.

Krakatoa

This coffee shop will make you feel like you’re studying in a tree house. A tree house filled with cute dogs just waiting to be petted. The patio is perfect for studying sans walls, and even has outlets so you don’t run out of power. Their menu is full of smoothies, tons of different coffee drinks, and some pretty delicious sandwiches (pro tip: try the El Jorullo).

They even have a happy hour from 3-6 everyday with $2 orange blossom mimosas (maybe save that for after finals). Open Monday through Saturday from 6:30 AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 6:30 AM to 6 PM, head over to Golden Hill for good food and a fun study space.

Bread & Cie

This is definitely a coffee shop for foodies. Their menu is endless, and I highly recommend the breakfast pizza, as well as splitting it among friends. It’s bacon and egg covered goodness.

This cafe may be a bit distracting, with the warm bakery scent that wafts out from their kitchen. While there are lots of tables to spread out your work, this is probably a better spot for a quick power up before heading back to the library. Located in Hillcrest, they’re typically open on a daily basis from 7 AM to 7 PM.

Lestat’s Coffee House

If you have yet to visit Lestat’s, this is a must before the semester ends. Perfect for cramming all night, this shop is open 24/7 with lots of interesting choices of coffee and frozen drinks to keep you awake. This coffee shop has an eclectic vibe, filled with a collection of funky couches and spunky artwork available for purchase.

Choose between their two different locations, Lestat’s on Adams or Lestat’s on Park, for your next coffee adventure.

Caffe Callabria

For the “artsy” coffee shop goers who love a good insta, this is the perfect setting. Known for their latte art and authentic Italian coffee and food, it’s hard not to get lost in the twinkly lights hanging over your head at this North Park coffee shop. It’s a bit of a necessity to try one of their pizzas, as they have their own custom built wood-fired oven.

Caffe Callabria is open Monday and Tuesday from 6 AM to 3 PM, Wednesday through Friday from 6 AM to 11 PM, and Saturday and Sunday from 7 AM to 11 PM, however Wednesday through Sunday evenings from 5 PM to 11 PM are sit-down service, so save your homework for the mornings.

The Swell Cafe

This one is for the beach lovers (which should be everyone, why else would you be living in San Diego?). Located in Mission Beach, a two minute walk from the ocean, with plenty of sunshine to enjoy, this coffee shop is perfect for getting a tan while doing some work. Open from 7 AM to 4 PM; try one of their delicious coffees with an acai bowl while you’re getting your study on.

Get your coffee fix and go conquer those finals!