Sophie Eldridge ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salve chapter.

Sophie Eldridge, a senior at Salve Regina University will be graduating this spring with a BA in Psychology. Sophie is from Eastham, Massachusetts (Cape Cod) and has played NCAA Field Hockey for the past 4 years at Salve. Whether she’s on the field hockey field, in downtown Newport, or in the classroom, you can be sure to know she’s a Campus Celebrity.

What do you consider your greatest accomplishment in these four years at Salve?
I’ve had some amazing memories on the field hockey field. However, I believe my greatest accomplishment is yet to come! Graduation! It’s the day before my birthday too! Time to celebrate.

Are you presently where you thought you would be freshman year?
I’m graduating in a few short months, so in many ways yes. I could not have predicted all of the awesome experiences that I have had here. My four years have flown by. 

What was the most fun experience you’ve had on campus?
Playing in field hockey games has to be number one for me. Going to the girl’s basketball championship game last year was fun, the students really came out and supported them. The gym was packed. Monster bingo is always a good time, and living in New Res my freshman year was really fun because I made so many close friends and we all lived under one roof!

What about graduation are you most nervous about?
 Tripping! That would be horrible. No heels for me. I have no idea where I’ll be living, or what I’ll be doing in five months. Looking at the big picture, that is a little scarier. For now, I’ll focus on mastering my walking technique, everything else will work out…right?

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Who knows where I’ll be in one year, or tomorrow!
Seriously though, I’ll be 31 (!!!). All I can hope for is people around me who love me unconditionally and a job that I’m excited to go to everyday. I can see myself living in New England…we’ll just have to wait and see on the rest.

Emma is a junior majoring in English Communications at Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. Once she graduates, she hopes to work in the magazine industry in either NYC or Boston. At Salve, she is involved in the NCAA Division III Field Hockey, a Vital Studies Program, and the student newspaper. She loves following the newest fashions and having a good time with friends. Her all-time favorite TV show is Gossip Girl. Emma is a huge Boston fan- B's, C's, Pats and Sox! She is excited to begin building her career with Her Campus.