Alexis Gallipoli ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salve chapter.

Alexis Gallipoli a member of the class of 2013, is a Biology Major, Chemistry Minor, who’s success in the classroom mirrors her success on the track. An avid member of Salve’s Campus Activities Board, an Orientation Leader, and the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, she is dedicated to promoting positive changes on campus.

What do you like most about your major and what do you aspire to do with your education?

The thing I like most about majoring in biology is that although my classes are challenging, I am learning about topics that really interest me so it is extremely rewarding.

With my undergraduate in biology I hope to attend an accelerated nursing program and eventually become a nurse practitioner in pediatric oncology.

What activities are you involved with on campus?

I run cross country and track and field for the university. I was also an orientation leader this past summer, and am an active member in SAAC and ASSIST clubs. In addition, I am involved in undergraduate research in the biology department.

What are your goals for track this spring and how do you plan on achieving them?

This season for track my goal is to run sub 2:20 in the 800 and break 5:00 in the 1500 and qualify for New England’s. In order to do this I need to get my legs healthy and give 100% on and off the track every day. The real challenge is becoming more mentally prepared. Running is way more mental than physical so that is a key component that will determine my success.

Emma is a junior majoring in English Communications at Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. Once she graduates, she hopes to work in the magazine industry in either NYC or Boston. At Salve, she is involved in the NCAA Division III Field Hockey, a Vital Studies Program, and the student newspaper. She loves following the newest fashions and having a good time with friends. Her all-time favorite TV show is Gossip Girl. Emma is a huge Boston fan- B's, C's, Pats and Sox! She is excited to begin building her career with Her Campus.