This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

So finals is approaching and its seems like suddenly more students are finding out about Guerrieri Academic Commons (GAC) library and how to utilize it.

For the frequent library goers, you may be familiar with the frustration of having your usual study spot stolen by a newcomer. Have no fear though, I’m here to give you a little inside scope on where the best places to study on campus are, that are outside of the hectic and seemingly over capacitated library.

Conway Hall (TETC)

For the Salisbury upperclassmen, you may know this building as the Teacher Education and Technology Center, or better yet, TETC. This whole building after 3 – 4 p.m., when most classes are over, is the Holy Grail for studying.

More often than not, all the classrooms are open and available for anyone to use. Because this building is on the extreme end of campus, not many people are willing to walk over there so this means empty classrooms and empty computer labs. My personal favorites are the computer labs on the first floor and the study library on the second floor. If your are easily distracted by the many things going on in GAC, then TETC maybe a study spot you should try out.

Perdue Hall

Perdue has many group study spots available for use at all hours of the day. Unlike Conway, Perdue’s study areas are open for you to use in the morning, which is a definite plus for morning studiers. If you are an independent studier, such as myself, using the group study rooms is still an option for you.

Due to the “low-traffic” in these areas, it really doesn’t make much of a difference if you decide to study alone or with a friend or two. Each room comes equipped with white boards for you to work out your practice problems as you wish.

Fireside Lounge

Fireside Lounge is located in Guerrieri Student Union (GSU). This building was formerly known as GUC up until 2017. This area has comfortable seating for you to knock out your final papers of the semester. If you are someone that can’t study in complete silence, this is the place for you.

Fireside Lounge also has  activities such as pool and table tennis meaning there are always people around but it’s never too loud and hectic. There is also a TV for you to use at your discretion and if you need a study meal, you can head over to Chick-fil-a that’s right across the lounge. Fireside is the perfect place to study and take a break if you need it.

I hope these three study spots are helpful to you. There’s not need to cram in the library when you have the whole campus at your fingertips. Happy studying and good luck on finals!

Irene Senaya

Salisbury '20

n/a
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.