Spoiler Alert: A Review of “The Guest Book”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

If you’re looking for a new comedy to watch then The Guest Book is for you! The Guest Book is a TBS comedy about a vacation-home cabin called the Froggy Cottage. Every episode features new characters visiting the cabin who always seem to end up in some kind of trouble! During their misfortunes they write in, you guessed it, the guest book. With the inhabitants of the cabin changing every week, the only characters that stay the same are those who live in the small mountain town. They include: 

Tickles (Vivan), Owner of the strip club “Chubby’s”

Frank, Tickles’ Stepson

Wilfred, the manager of the cottages in town (also looking to spice up his love life with his wife) 

* SPOILERS AHEAD: I’ll leave the ending for you to find out!*

Episode One:

This episode features the couple Tim and Sandy traveling to the cottage looking to spice up their sex life after having a baby. After a day of fighting Tim goes and visits the local strip club Chubby’s owned by Vivian where he has an experience with her feet, all caught on camera. Vivan’s stepson Frank, shows up to blackmail Tim for money and Tim proves he will do ANYTHING for his wife not to find out.

Episode Two:

An older religious couple come to the cabin with their son and his atheist fiancée Lynn. Jill, the mother, drugs Lynn, puts her body in hot tub and baptizes her. The next day Lynn awakes with an infection at the injection site and learns from a doctor she has a staph infection that may cause her to lose her leg! What’s it that people say, God works in mysterious ways? Mysterious (and hilarious) indeed.

Episode Three:

Phyllis is staying in Froggy Cottage with her husband, as well as her husband’s boss and his wife. After a number of unfortunate events throughout the day where her husband makes a bad impression on his boss, Phyllis hears the phone ring in the middle of the night. The woman on the line is looking to leave her husband, and her wife, and her wife…….and her wife. Marcia is a nice woman in a polygamous family looking for her sister, the owner of the cabin. Phyllis helps Marcia get the scattered-brain woman there where they figure out things aren’t quite what they thought!

The Guest Book is an amazing new comedy that keeps you from being bored by changing the stories every week! I for one am a huge fan and will tell anyone that listens how funny this show is.

Popular Guest Stars in the Series include:

Danny Pudi

Jaime Pressly

David Zayas

Stephnie Weir 

Michael Rapaport 

Kaitlyn

Salisbury '23

Kaitlyn is a a dynamic communications professional with a passion for writing, strategic marketing, and creative video production. She graduated from the Maryland Institute College of Art with a Master's Degree in Filmmaking in 2023. Her writing there focused on documentary, narrative, and fiction work. She also graduated from Salisbury University with degrees in Communications, English, and Linguistics. Kaitlyn has devoted her professional and personal life to public service and bettering the lives of others through her skills. In her free time she enjoys traveling and spending time with her cats.
Jeremie Davis

Salisbury '18

Jeremie Davis is an ambitious eighteen year old who has plans to change the world. While writing for her high school newspaper, she discovered her passion for writing, in which she contributed numerous works to the award winning newspaper. Jeremie also has a strong passion for Theater. She has been acting since she was ten years old. Jeremie is currently attending Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, where she is majoring in Early Child Education with a minor in Theater and Journalism. Along with writing for Her Campus, Jeremie is apart of Tiger TV, a newly produced student-run news show, located on Morehouse College's campus. After two years Jeremie plans to go to Yale School of the Dramatic Arts where she will earn her Doctorate’s Degree in Fine Arts. In her spare time, Jeremie enjoys watching Netflix, belting out show-tunes, biking, and hanging with family and friends. Her ultimate goal in life is to become either a successful actress or a news correspondent in the entertainment world. She lives by the motto “If you work hard, you get to play hard.”