This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Friday Mar. 1 was the first ever Salisbury’s Got Talent, sponsored by SU’s SOAP (Student Organization for Activity Planning). This talent show took place in Holloway Hall at 8 p.m. featuring twelve acts, three judges, and hosted by musical comedian; Jon Raymond Fisher.

The talent and judges were great and received their own prizes, however the audience were gifted prizes as well. Fisher performed a mashup of songs where the audience participated in a sing along.

Jon Raymond Fisher passed out a variety of prizes to the students at SU from a pack of toilet paper, Hot Cheetos, and a box of Lucky Charms.  

Along with the great audience and host were the talented performers. There were performers from all backgrounds from different countries to different classifications. The list of performers consists of Paige Stevenson (Elementary Education), Gwanyong “Jasper” Park (Chemical Engineering), Pau Suang (Political Science), The Silent One (Unknown), Anthony Calamoneri (Accounting), Chareese VanDyke (Music, minor in English), Ellie Kessler (Nursing), Abigail Hoffman (Business), Matt Ryan (Physical Education), Haley Winans and AJ Draper (Environmental Studies), Nathan Weir (Finance), Melanie Staszewskie and John Thompson (Biology and Exercise Science).

The top three contestants, in order from third to first, were Ellie Kessler, Anthony Calamoneri, and duo Melanie Staszewskie and John Thompson. The first place winners, Melanie Staszewskie and John Thompson, won the crowd over with their undeniable chemistry on stage and duet to “Shallow” from the A Star is Born soundtrack.

The talent show was an overall success, and I hope SOAP will have another one.

Kenya McLean is a junior and a marketing major at Salisbury University. She plans to graduate in the class of 2020 and loves helping out her campus community.
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.