Salisbury University’s Probate Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the season where everybody comes together and celebrates probate season! Probates are when greek fraternities and sororities usually within the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), present the newest members of their organizations. The National Pan-Hellenic Council is often referred to the “Divine Nine”. During the probates, many people are surprised to see who actually becomes apart of the Greek Life.

At Salisbury University, probate season is usually in the spring and many students and professors and even faculty members attend the probates including family and friends who drive down to see the ones they love and show off in a performance for them. Before the probates begin, at times there is music playing, you see many balloons around with the organization colors and numbers for each person that is about to be presented.

On March 31st, 2017 it was a rainy chilly Friday and many people did not think the probate would be held outside, however, the rain stopped for the members of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. held their Spring 2017 probate for two men from the Salisbury Football, Sean “RoKKim” Rowland and Mark “Kid Kudi” Davis, Jr. The brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. are known for their suave and their liquid shoulders.

The following day on April 1st, 2017 Alpha Phi Alpha held their Spring probate with three young men. Julian “The Get Down” Nelson-Saunders, Dandre “Phrozen Core” Dennis and Zakee “Ironclad” Martin. Alpha Phi Alpha Frarternity, Inc. is known for being the first founded historically black fraternity, hence the reason why their probate was held on April 1st.

Welcome to the Greek Land!

Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.