samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Salisbury Seagulls Experience An Action Packed Homecoming Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Students showcased their school spirit this week for the homecoming season! Students enjoyed several exciting events around campus including, a Step Show, tailgate, and homecoming party hosted by the Black Student Union and NAACP. The university hosts the week-long events in hopes of bringing students, alumni and parents together.

On Friday, Salisbury experienced a first for homecoming with SGA hosting a flock fest in red square. The event celebrated the unique factors that make Salisbury, Salisbury. The energy in the crowd was intense as the community celebrated the diversity of the many organizations that performed during the event.

There was a good turnout at the party on Friday night, leading to security ultimately turning people away when the space became crowded. Attendees were met with an interactive DJ and the top hits. The BSU homecoming king and queen were also announced and given crowns as well as some time in the spotlight.

The following day students gathered for the football tailgate. Organizations utilized this event to gain the attention of the campus community, offering food and drinks to those who stopped by their tents. Students then collectively walked to the stadium where Salisbury University’s football team faced Christopher Newport University. The stands rattled as students expressed their excitement when Salisbury scored a goal. Salisbury won 17-7 marking a great end to homecoming week. 

Anjelique Wilson is a senior at Salisbury University, majoring in Communication arts. She loves musical theater and hopes to obtain a career in the arts. You'll often catch her singing along to musicals and watching her favorite youtubers. She joined her campus to be involved with a platform that allows her to freely express herself
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.