Profile: Serayah McNeill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

If you’re a fan of Fox’s hit television show Empire, then you most likely know Serayah McNeill from her role as Tiana Brown, Hakeem Lyon’s on again, off again love interest.

Serayah was born on June 20, 1995, in Encinitas, California. She went to Taft High School, where she was known for playing basketball as team captain and point guard until she graduated in 2013.

She is an actor, singer, and model, and has made quite a few accomplishments being that she has only been in the limelight for a few years now. She did some signing for Disney back in 2012, and since then, has worked closely with Taylor swift on her son “Bad Blood”, starring in the music video as the character “Dilemma”.

In addition to her leading role as R&B sensation Tiana Brown on Empire, Serayah was also casted in the Netflix movie “Burning Sands”, where she plays a popular, smart, sorority girl.

When asked where she gets her inspiration from musically, she always refers to Rihanna. Their music styles are similar, and she has even channeled her inner Rihanna in her role as Tiana on Empire.

Besides the songs she has done from the Empire soundtrack, Serayah has her own original songs first featured on Soundcloud and she is now in the process of creating an album.

Serayah is a breath of fresh air to the entertainment industry with her go getter attitude, creative style, and unique sound. She has made big moves in the industry so far, and we can expect nothing but great things from her in the future.

You can check her out and keep up with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @Serayah.

Xena Metzger is currently a writer for HerCampus in the Salisbury University chapter. She joined because of her interest in writing and wanted a platform to share her own interests. In her free time, she enjoys playing volleyball, and reading thriller novels. Fun fact about her, is that she’s gotten up to over level 1000 on three separate Candy Crush games. She is an accounting major and after college, she plans to get her CPA license, and possibly go to graduate school.
Jeremie Davis

Salisbury '18

Jeremie Davis is an ambitious eighteen year old who has plans to change the world. While writing for her high school newspaper, she discovered her passion for writing, in which she contributed numerous works to the award winning newspaper. Jeremie also has a strong passion for Theater. She has been acting since she was ten years old. Jeremie is currently attending Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, where she is majoring in Early Child Education with a minor in Theater and Journalism. Along with writing for Her Campus, Jeremie is apart of Tiger TV, a newly produced student-run news show, located on Morehouse College's campus. After two years Jeremie plans to go to Yale School of the Dramatic Arts where she will earn her Doctorate’s Degree in Fine Arts. In her spare time, Jeremie enjoys watching Netflix, belting out show-tunes, biking, and hanging with family and friends. Her ultimate goal in life is to become either a successful actress or a news correspondent in the entertainment world. She lives by the motto “If you work hard, you get to play hard.”