jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Must See 80s Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

The 80’s was a crazy time. Crazy hair, crazy makeup, crazy fashion. But with the 80’s came great movies! These movies ranged from mind-blowing action, to addictive dramas with teenage angst, to cinema-changing science fiction. Here’s a list of five must-see 80’s movies:

1) The Breakfast Club (1985) This movie tells the tale of five misunderstood high school students who are brought together during a Saturday detention. The group consists of the criminal, the princess, the brain, the athlete, and the basket case (You’ll know what that means when you watch it).

2) Back To The Future (1985) After being sent thirty years into the past, Marty McFly must make sure that his high-school-age parents unite so that he could actually exist!

3) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Known as one of the best movies of all time, E.T. centers around an alien stranded on Earth and a little boy who befriends it.

4) Footloose (1984) A city teenager moves to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned. His rebellious spirit slowly uproots the town’s traditions.

5) The Terminator (1984) A cyborg, disguised as a human, is sent back in time to assassinate a woman whose unborn child grows up to lead a war against the machines.

Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.