Laughter is Good For You: 3 Videos/Shows To Keep You Laughing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

It’s that time of the semester when you start to realize its crunch time. Exams after exams and project after project, it feels like there is no sign of slowing down (because there isn’t) and it’s all starting to become so overwhelming. Mental breakdowns, unfortunately aren’t anything new for college students, especially at this time of year.

I’ve found the best way to cope with this unpleasant and sometimes unavoidable feeling is to laugh. When you and your friends schedules don’t seem to be matching up anymore, as finals slowly approach, some good medicinal laughter can come from videos and TV shows. Here are some I’ve stumbled upon in the past few months that I 100 percent think will put you in a better mood and brighten your day.

1) Desus & Mero

If you’re short on time and need a quick laugh, Desus & Mero is definitely my top pick. Their main platform is on Viceland (which unfortunately is not free), however, they post short videos ranging one to 12 minutes on their YouTube page that will no doubt keep you laughing. Desus and Mero are comedians who host a loosely structured late night talk show where they discuss current topics ranging from trending videos to politics to sports as well as interviews with celebrities.

2) Atlanta

Altanta was created by and stars none other than Donald Glover. Glover plays a college dropout turned manager for his up and coming rapper-cousin. Despite this, he is still struggling to make ends meet and always seems to find himself in some awkward yet funny situations. If you have more time to kill, definitely give this show a try.

3) Bob’s Burgers

This is one of the more popular shows I’m sure most of you have already heard about. You can never go wrong with Bob’s Burgers. You don’t have to watch the episodes in order if you don’t want to and since they are on their 8th season, you can keep yourself occupied for a while (when you finish your school work of course). Bob’s Burgers is an animated satirical sitcom centered on Bob Belcher’s family and their burger shop.

Irene Senaya

Salisbury '20

n/a
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.