This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

There are only two more pay periods left until Christmas. If this realization makes you feel as uncomfortable as it made me, you probably haven’t begun Christmas shopping for the lovely people in your life.

With the number of essays and projects I’ve had this month, the decline of my bank account hasn’t crossed my mind. Every year I scold myself to make changes for next year but I always seem to fall into the same cycle. Even if your hopes to save money for extraordinary gifts has failed, you can still buy thoughtful presents without breaking the bank.

Click on the gift names to find the items online.

1. Gift Cards

You can never go wrong with a preloaded gift card. It’s easy to use and great for that person who can never tell you exactly what they want. Upload a picture of you and your siblings for mom or your favorite meme for a funny inside joke between friends. Give it that finishing touch by adding a personalized message.  

2. Crock Pot

Perfect for that person with a busy schedule. Or the one that can’t cook at all. Throw in a crock pot recipe book if you’re feeling generous. Cost: $23.99.

3. Echo Dot

Cute little gadget that allows you to play music, make phone calls, check the weather and more. This gift is $29.99 for Prime members.

4. Huge Wine Glass

For that person you know can down a full bottle of wine with no problem. Cost $17.99.

5. Wax Warmer

This has a lovely design and will make the whole house smell amazing. Throw in some glade wax scents to complete the gift. Cost: $9.25.

6. Himalayan Salt Lamp

This signature piece with stand out in any room. Cost: $19.25.

7. Cool Socks

Because who wouldn’t want to wear a Mario-Luigi combo. There are several other options to choose from. Cost: $14.90.

Anjelique Wilson is a senior at Salisbury University, majoring in Communication arts. She loves musical theater and hopes to obtain a career in the arts. You'll often catch her singing along to musicals and watching her favorite youtubers. She joined her campus to be involved with a platform that allows her to freely express herself
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.