This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

It is that time of year again…. midterms. I don’t know about you, but I get really stressed around this time. 

I am trying to cram seven weeks of information in one time and not just for one class but for all four! But that’s my fault because my procrastination can really get the best of me.

Gif

Is it just me or do my professors schedule exams on the same day? It shocks me how out of all days in one month, my two professors decide to give their exams the same day. I’m not going to say it was planned, but I do have my suspicions.

But one thing I do know is that midterm or exam week can be a very stressful week and instead of drowning in work, how about planning ahead?

With midterms approaching, here are some tips to help you from pulling your hair out.

1. Study ahead of time

Studies show that if you take the martial that you just learned after class and looked over it for 30 minutes you will more likely be able to retain the material.

Even though I have yet to see if this was true, I can believe it. Your brain will be able to retain the information you were just taught, making you more likely to remember it. Reviewing a small amount of material is much better than reviewing seven weeks in one day.

2. Sleep

Do not forget you need to sleep. Did you know that sleeping will help you retain the information you learned the day of?

Imagine yourself studying all night trying to remember information for your exam the next day. Staying up trying to cram the information in your head will not help your case.

3. Don’t forget to relax

I know that exams are a big part of your grade, but do not forget to take a load off. You don’t want to be too stressed because it can cause acne, gray hair, high blood pressure, and much more. Go to a club meeting, hanging out with friends, or even watch Netflix. These are all great ways to release some steam.

Octavia Doughty

Salisbury '21

Hello, My name is Octavia and I am a Sophomore are Salisbury University. My major is Information Systems with a minor in Computer Science. I am from Waldorf, Maryland which is in Charles County. I enjoy fitness and fashion.
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.