Her Campus Salisbury Host First Survival Kit Giveaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Lipstick? Check! Bra? Check! Juicy Couture Perfume? Check! Monistat!? HUH?!

The ladies of Her Campus Salisbury University held a HC Survival Kit giveaway to promote their organization in Red Square Friday Oct. 21. In order to receive the prizes, students had to follow the Salisbury Her Campus social media pages such as Twitter and Instagram.

Not only did the ladies of the Salisbury Her Campus Chapter want to promote their organization, they also encouraged a couple of people to join the organization.

Salisbury University student Chantelle McPherson interacted with the Her Campus organization throughout the entire giveaway. McPherson also helped the ladies by passing out coupons that were apart of the giveaway.

“I enjoyed it,” McPherson said. “It was fun and there were cool items that were given away.”

Though music was playing throughout the event, senior Destini Tillie decided to hit the Nae Nae in the middle of Red Square which attracted a few more people to check out the table and follow the Her Campus SU Instagram page. 

Within the survival kit there were items such as Adulthood Is a Myth and The Roommate books, Rimmel London mascara and lipstick, Freeman Beauty face masks, Juicy Couture sample perfumes, Flying Colors discount coupons, L’eggs, Monistat samples and many more items.

Senior Chastyn Thomas shared that she liked the giveaway although there was one item in particular that she really wanted.

“I thought it was a great idea,” Thomas said. “My favorite item was the black bra on the table.”

Be on the look out for more events this upcoming semester from the Her Campus ladies of SU!

You can follow us on Instagram at @HerCampus.SU and Twitter @HCSalisbury .

Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.