Friendship Knows No Distance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Have you ever wanted to just call up a friend and talk but felt like you’d be intruding on their new lives? Chances are they’re thinking the same thing.

There aren’t many people who stay connected with people from their high school, let alone middle and elementary school, while away at college. You’ll soon learn that the ones you do stay connected with will most likely be friends for life. Those are the friends you can call up at 4 A.M. when you’re in the hospital because you know that it’ll be earlier in their time zone. Those are the friends that you can text and say:

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Just Bio notes.”

“Cool. Can I call?”

“Uhm… Not real-”

*FaceTime Ringing*

They’re your ride or dies and you know that no one can replace them. Even though they’re growing and becoming their own person away from you and the rest of your friends, remember that they’re friends can become your friends as well. When you visit them their friends will probably know all about you from the countless stories they’ve been told. Although it seems like years between the visits and vacations where you can see them in person, it feels like minutes since the last conversation. You guys will pick up where you left off and not miss a beat.

With friends away for college in Chicago, New York, Cleveland and Colorado, it seems as if the world got infinitely bigger with you support group scattered miles and miles away. It doesn’t matter if they’re across the hall or across the world. True friends will be there no matter what.

I'm a student at Salisbury University studying to major in Medical Laboratory with hopes of going into the Forensic field. I love my Puggle named Bruno and am blessed to have a great group of friends.