This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Looking for an affordable face mask that you can make yourself? Well, look no further.

The product I am here to share with you today is called the “Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay”. Don’t let the name throw you off, it’s not sketch, I promise. If you’re skeptical about putting a bunch of random chemicals on you face, let me just say now that this product only has ONE ingredient: Calcium bentonite clay.

Calcium bentonite is made up of natural minerals that are found in the desert states of the US such as Wyoming, Texas, and Arizona. The benefits of the clay are that it aids in removing toxins from the face, fighting against acne prone skin, and lighting any acne scarring.

Now, let’s talk about the affordability. The clay can be found at many different retailers including Amazon, eBay, and Walmart and is sold in 1 lb. jars for less than $10. The jar will last you several months so you will definitely get the bang for your buck and save some coin!

To make your mask you will need a few things, the clay, some apple cider vinegar, a plastic spoon, and a plastic bowl. It is important to note that you should NOT use any metal bowl or spoon because it will negatively react with the clay.

Mix the clay and the apple cider vinegar in the bowl until you achieve a thick consistency, and then apply to your face and Voila! Easy, right? Just leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.

Great way to keep your skin clean and clear while staying within budget! Enjoy

Xena Metzger is currently a writer for HerCampus in the Salisbury University chapter. She joined because of her interest in writing and wanted a platform to share her own interests. In her free time, she enjoys playing volleyball, and reading thriller novels. Fun fact about her, is that she’s gotten up to over level 1000 on three separate Candy Crush games. She is an accounting major and after college, she plans to get her CPA license, and possibly go to graduate school.
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.