American Horror Story: The Mystery, Connections and Theories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Season 6 of American Horror Story has been a mystery from its first teaser trailer this past summer. If you’ve been watching AHS from is first (and one of the best) season, Murder House, you might have noticed that “The Lost Colony” or Roanoke was mentioned. This means that this season of AHS: Roanoke has been in the works for a while and it’s just another one of the shows proof that all seasons are in the same universe.

Another connection made from this season and the first season was the Piggyman. If you remember, one of Dr. Harmons patients was afraid to look in the mirror because the Piggyman was out to get him. He was ultimately dismissed by Dr. Harmon, but in season six a man with a pigs head is seen a few times and he resembles the character from season one. Possible connection? Maybe so. Another strange thing about this season is that there is no theme song to enjoy! Why not? We don’t why yet, maybe it’s to give the audience a real feel for this documentary style they’re trying out.

The creators of the show have kept this season a major secret. After two episodes there’s not really much to talk about besides the fact that this is the scariest season yet. Asylum was the most terrifying for sure, but the story of Roanoke, a REAL lost colony sends a different kind of chill up my spine. I’m incredibly curious to see what happens in this season. The story is told through flashbacks which means everyone survived right? Well, I can’t be too sure because it wouldn’t be American Horror Story without blood, gore, and a MAJOR plot twist.  The creator Ryan Murphy even said that after episode six, everything is going to change. Four more episodes until we learn the big secret!

Watch American Horror Story: Roanoke Wednesday’s at 10 PM on FX. Check out the trailer for this sesason below. 

Naomi is a 21 year old senior at Salisbury University studying English and minoring in Professional Business Writing. Naomi loves everything about TV and Film and hopes to be the next Shonda Rhimes with hit television shows on a major network. She loves writing and creating stories but ultimately wants to be very prominent in the entertainment world.