etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Am I a Libra or Am I Still a Scorpio?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

To all the people who begin their day reading their daily horoscope, have their zodiac sign tattooed on their wrist or ankle, or who have a necklace with their zodiac sign they wear faithfully: I have some bad news for you.

NASA has recently informed us that there are actually 13 constellations in the Zodiac not 12. The new zodiac sign (Ophiuchus) was discovered more than 3,000 years ago by the Babylonians. Even in their own ancient stories they recognized 13 constellations in the Zodiac. Some cultures have recognized as many as 24. But, the Babylonians chose only 12 constellations to fit their calendar that had 12 months.

But even those chosen 12 do not divide equally and overflow into the other constellations. In the years since the Babylonians, the constellation positions have changed due to the Earth swaying on its axis. So, the constellations are not in the same spots they once were.

What does this mean?

If you are born between November 29 and December 17 your new zodiac sign is Ophiuchus. The sign is a man holding a snake named Serpentarius. They seek peace and harmony, are inventive and poetic and have a thirst for knowledge. Also they might have secret enemies in their close group of friends (Yikes).

This also means that the other star signs have moved as well.

1. Capricorn: January 20 – February 16
  2. Aquarius: February16 – March 11
  3. Pisces: March 11 – April 18
  4. Aries: April 18 – May 13
  5. Taurus: May 13 – June 21
  6. Gemini: June 21 – July 20
  7. Cancer: July 20 – August 10
  8. Leo: August 10  – September 16
  9. Virgo: September 16 – October 14
  10. Libra: October 14 – November 23
  11. Scorpio: November 23 – November 29
  12. Ophiuchus: November 29 – December 17
  13. Sagittarius: December 17 – January 20

Whether you believe in astrology or not, your personaility is your personaility and nothing can change that. 

Hey guys! Bobbi Amar-Atsen is a graduate of Salisbury University with a Bachelors in Business Management and a concentration in Human Resources. When she is not binge watching Black Mirror or The Get Down she is reading a Thousand Splendid Suns by Hosseini (again) and taking long meaningful walks to her fridge. In her spare time she enjoys taking photographs of the beautiful people, and scenery around her. In the future she hopes to open up her own nonprofit organization in Ghana and work for a large company. She joined Her Campus Salisbury to gain more experience with writing, and connect with other empowering women.