9 Signs that You Were Ready for the Holidays Before Halloween Ended

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

It’s that time of the year again where Halloween was barely over, and stores are automatically pushing Christmas items in the aisle. You my also have the urge to pull out you r ugly Christmas sweater. Here are 9 signs that you are ready for the holidays!

1. You were humming holiday tunes–in the middle of summer.

Because July is the perfect time to sing “Santa Tell Me”.

2. You have a Christmas countdown on your phone/tablet/electronic device.

You need to be prepared for the #BigDay.

3. Your winter wardrobe is almost as extensive as Carrie Bradshaw’s shoe collection.

‘Tis the season for cable knits and cardigans.

4. In fact, you have more ugly sweaters than you care to admit.

Or maybe you do brag about them. If that’s your thing.

5. You *live* for the first snow of the season.

White Christmas? What about a white December through March???

6. You fascinate over holiday decor.

Your wallet says no, but the Christmas spirit says YES.

7. You appreciate holiday movies, no matter the season.

Netflix Christmas-binge, anybody?

8. You get excited when you see Santa in the mall

And you may or may jump in line with the children for a picture with Nick, because why not?

9. Black Friday is your game day

May the odds (and discounts) be ever in your favor.

And even when the season’s over, you are already brainstorming new ideas and presents for next year.

Kateria Rodriguez is a History major and English minor at Salisbury University. She loves to read, write short stories and poems, and make witty history references. If she's not writing papers, then she's in the library reading books, spreading positivity, and fascinating over what it would be like to be able to bake. She's pursuing her degree to become an international correspondent or journalist.
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.