This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

It’s officially September, which means it’s time for all the fall TV shows that we’ve been waiting for to return! Whether you’re into music mogul families or supernatural horror, there’s a show in this year’s lineup that could get you hooked!

5. Empire

The over the top, nail-biting musical drama Empire is back for season three this month and everyone is beyond eager to find out what happens next! If you watched Empire’s season two finale, you’d know that there was a major cliffhanger and many unanswered questions. We’ve waited patiently since May to see what Andre was screaming about atop the roof, and the day finally comes on Wednesday, September 21st at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.

4. Teen Wolf

Arguably one MTV’s most entertaining scripted series, Teen Wolf is back for its final season.  We’ve watched Scott McCall and his wolf pack battle wolves, demons, creatures and Dread Doctors, the most terrifying of all. Now that Scott and his pack are in their final semester of high school, the journey must end for the brave kids of Beacon Hills. Teen Wolf’s final season marks the end of an era that many viewers have enjoyed since 2011. Although the story ends in 2017, the final season of Teen Wolf airs this November at 9/8c on MTV.

3. How to Get Away with Murder

HTGAWM, another major Shondaland gem, returns this September after a long and painful season two cliffhanger that left viewers high and dry. A mix of crime drama and murder mystery, this show will convince you that you can’t even trust yourself. Viewers get spectacular, convincing performances by Viola Davis that makes you wonder what really goes on in the courtroom – and what lawyers have to do just to protect their clients. How to Get Away with Murder returns September 22nd at 10 p.m. on ABC.

2. American Horror Story

American Horror Story returns just in time for Halloween, yet there is still no word on the subtitle for the season. We’ve seen the horrors of a haunted house, the volatile extremities of a 1960’s asylum and last season we checked into a historic hotel…ran by a vampire. We’ve gotten creepy and disturbing teaser trailers, but we’ll just have to wait and see on September 14th at 10 p.m. on FX.

1. Walking Down 

Another potential scare for Halloween, viewers all over the world nearly passed out from last season’s cliffhanger. We were teased for months about this mysterious character that would get beaten to death with a bat by the infamous Negan. Once the finale came, Negan did beat someone, but we had no clue who it is! Since February, fans have been coming up with theories. The season premiere is on October 23rd at 10 p.m. on AMC.

Naomi is a 21 year old senior at Salisbury University studying English and minoring in Professional Business Writing. Naomi loves everything about TV and Film and hopes to be the next Shonda Rhimes with hit television shows on a major network. She loves writing and creating stories but ultimately wants to be very prominent in the entertainment world.
Jeremie Davis

Salisbury '18

Jeremie Davis is an ambitious eighteen year old who has plans to change the world. While writing for her high school newspaper, she discovered her passion for writing, in which she contributed numerous works to the award winning newspaper. Jeremie also has a strong passion for Theater. She has been acting since she was ten years old. Jeremie is currently attending Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, where she is majoring in Early Child Education with a minor in Theater and Journalism. Along with writing for Her Campus, Jeremie is apart of Tiger TV, a newly produced student-run news show, located on Morehouse College's campus. After two years Jeremie plans to go to Yale School of the Dramatic Arts where she will earn her Doctorate’s Degree in Fine Arts. In her spare time, Jeremie enjoys watching Netflix, belting out show-tunes, biking, and hanging with family and friends. Her ultimate goal in life is to become either a successful actress or a news correspondent in the entertainment world. She lives by the motto “If you work hard, you get to play hard.”