Woman Crush Wednesday: President-elect Cervelli

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that today Saint Mary’s College announced our 12th president, set to take office June 1, 2016. And in case you weren’t able to make it to the student center for the announcement, or weren’t live streaming from your computer, I’ll sum up everything you need to know about president-elect Jan Cervelli: SHE. IS. AMAZING.

Aside from her infectious personality, strong goals for the future of Saint Mary’s College, and let’s be honest, phenomenal collection of skirt suits, President-elect Cervelli has the same common core as every Belle: a love for Saint Mary’s College.

And in case you’re looking for a new quote to hang up on your desk, throw on the back of a tshirt, or text your mom, I’ve highlighted my favorite excerpts from President-elect Cervelli’s speech this afternoon.

“Saint Mary’s is a great institution. I like to think it has the higher education trifecta. It’s got strong academic programs grounded in the liberal arts, it’s based in Catholic education and the traditions of the Holy Cross education of the whole individual, and it empowers women.”

“We need to get out and toot the horn and let the world know what Saint Mary’s graduates are doing because it’s truly an extraordinary story.”

“Saint Mary’s may be small in size, but it’s big in impact.”

“I’m gonna tell ya, the biggest reason I’m standing here, the biggest reason I could not resist in coming here…is that Saint Mary’s women rock! You rock!”

“I’ve always known Saint Mary’s grads and students are fantastic, but when I came to this campus I was blown away.”

“I cannot tell you how proud I am to become a Belle with you.”

“I’m gonna do whatever I can do to help you achieve whatever it is you want to do, whatever your dreams are. But more importantly, I want to help you dare to be whatever you want to be. We need you to be daring in this world.”

chills, anyone?

So although we’re sad to see President Mooney go, we have nothing but good things to look forward to in the future of Saint Mary’s College.

Welcome home, President-elect Cervelli. Once a Belle, always a Belle.

Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's