When To Use The Phrase “#GoBelles”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

In my short time back at Saint Mary’s for this school year, I have realized how often I use the phrase “#gobelles”. My roommates and I have even attempted to count the number of times we utter these words in a given day. I thought that it would be a good idea for our new Belles to be introduced to this phrase through real-life examples. I encourage all of you Smicks to utilize this lovely saying and to take part in this Smick tradition. #gobelles

When you see all of your fellow Smicks strugglebus around the dining hall for Sunday morning brunch.

#gobelles

When you start bonding with and giving pep talks to other Smicks during all-nighters in Trumper.

#gobelles

Whenever a fellow Smick goes up for a second round of dining hall cookies.

#gobelles

When you consider yourself to be super dressed up to class… because you’re wearing jeans. 

#gobelles

When you see a fellow Smick over at ND with an extremely good looking guy.

#gobelles

When you walk to the grotto mostly because you just want to get Starbucks afterwards.

#gobelles

When you use all of your munch money on buying mixers from Cyber.

#gobelles

When you bond with random Smicks on the midnight express or in the bathroom at a bar.

#gobelles

When you realize that there is apparently an unwritten pants-optional policy in Annunciata.

#gobelles

When a full-on sing-along gets started in Blinkie because of Blinkie Bob’s awesome DJing.  

#gobelles

When you walk into Brothers (or any other South Bend bar) and it’s completely filled with Smicks.

#GOBELLES

Photo 1, GIF 1, GIF 2, GIF 3, GIF 4, GIF 5GIF 6, GIF 7, GIF 8GIF 9, GIF 10, GIF 11, 

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!

Kristin Murphy

Saint Mary's

Kristin is a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania working on her Master's in Social Work. She recently graduated from Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. Kristin is from Northport, New York and played the trumpet in the University of Notre Dame Band during college.
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's