What Angela Means to a Student Athlete

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

With the new and improved Angela, it’s hard to hide our excitement. Not only has the new facility benefited the Saint Mary’s community by encouraging a healthy lifestyle, but it also benefited its student athletes. The new Angela offers everything a student athlete needs to practice and become the great Division III college we believe we are. With more court space, improved training facilities, and our own locker rooms, we are able to become more focused on our sport, rather than trying to juggle practice times and workout classes with the rest of the community. The location of the new athletic offices are easily accessible to meet with the coaches, and includes a large conference room for team meeting and watching film. Furthermore, the larger athletic training room allows for multiple people to come and be treated before practice or before a game.

I believe the improvements to Angela will make other teams take us more seriously when they come to our campus. In the same way, recruiting future Belles and student athletes may be easier, especially if they are health conscious and will take advantage of the extra classes offered in Angela. I am glad Angela was finished in time so the senior athletes can utilize the facilities!

Liana O'Grady

Saint Mary's

Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.