We Want YOU To Join HC Saint Mary’s!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Summertime is when you start thinking about things you aspire to do in the fall…what clubs you should participate in, what national honor societies you can apply for, even what sport you should practice so you can win those beloved intramural championships. #GoBelles

You’ve been promising yourself you would be more involved this coming year, so as Her Campus Saint Mary’s CC’s, we (Hannah & Therese) say, “Her Campus is the perfect way to do so!” With all the different clubs and organizations Saint Mary’s has to offer, it can be challenging to pick just one. BUT…here are 7 reasons why you should join Her Campus Saint Mary’s!

1. Her Campus is the #1 global community for college women. Written entirely by 4,000+ of the world’s top college journalists, HerCampus.com features national content along with campus content from 230+ chapters nationwide and in seven countries!

2. You don’t have to be a writing major. Majority of our members are non-writing majors, including business, communications, accounting, biology, psychology … the list goes on!

3. You will be a published writer. Having published writing as a college student isn’t always so easy (or expected!), but as soon as you send us your first article, your dream of having your writing published on the Internet will come true!

4. We work hard and will be playing even harder. This coming year, Her Campus Saint Mary’s took part in so many fun events, such as giveaways (thanks to all the goodies Her Campus nationals sends our chapter), activities night, and other fun events, too! Therese and Hannah were lucky enough to spend the weekend in Chicago at the Her Campus College Fashion Week Show in October, where they received Bare Minerals beauty products, some LinkedIn head shot photos, got to meet the founders, and meet a ton of other Her Campus writers, too!

Also, Hannah was lucky enough to attend the Her Campus National Intercollegiette Conference in New York City last summer (any team members in the area are welcome to join for this year!), where she met the founders of Her Campus and attended seminars from extremely successful women, bringing all those helpful tips back to the team in the fall.

This year, we have some even more exciting bonding activities up our sleeves! HCSMC doesn’t always have to be professional, we want it to be fun and form some bonds, too!

5. We are all kind and happy people who are willing to help each other no matter what. Professionally or personally, we help edit your work and give constructive criticism, feedback, and due compliments! We help brainstorm ideas, connect you with interviewees, and supply you with resources if your articles require research.

6. You will improve your writing skills. Most college students dread being assigned any form of a writing assignment, however Her Campus will help with this particular form of anxiety. After realizing how much fun writing can be, those long papers don’t seem so terrifying.

7. We are like a little family! Weekly meetings will be a time to have fun together and touch base on where every member is at in their HCSMC life.  

If these 7 reasons are enough to make you want to join or if you have questions about Her Conference 2015 in NYC, email hannahdrinkall@hercampus.com  or thereseburke@hercampus.com!

HCXO,

Hannah & Therese, CC’s Her Campus Saint Mary’s

Photos provided by the authors

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest!

Interested in writing for or being apart of HCSMC?

E-mail hannahdrinkall@hercampus.com or thereseburke@hercampus.com for inquiries! 

Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's