The Top Ten Everyday Struggles of a Belle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

One way or another we have all experienced some of these unfortunate endeavors during out time here at SMC. Don’t get me wrong I love SMC but I sometimes find that it’s the struggles we go through can make up the characteristics of being a Belle.  

1. Trying to figure out every possible way to avoid wearing jeans.

Wearing jeans has become formal attire.

2. Trying to get into a ND dorm or Reckers

Nothing says “Welcome Belles” more than banging on the window for someone in the lobby to hear and open the door. Beats waiting out in the cold right?

3. Becoming confused when a boy is enrolled in one of your classes.

They can’t just causally stroll into the room without being noticed!

4. Waiting in line for chocolate chip cookies in the DH.

Because no matter how long you wait they are gone every time you decide to go back to the table and wait.

5. Running to catch the Trolley at the Grotto.

You’re at La Fun and realize you have two minutes to catch the next trolley instead of waiting another 40 minutes so what do you do? Sprint? Go for it, Belles…no shame.

6. The chicken nugget line…enough said.

7. When boys come to the DH.

There are those few, lucky Belles who get a heads up and actually look presentable while those who didn’t catch the memo walk straight in having to face them wearing slippers and oversized sweatshirts. 

One time I counted 19 boys…that HAS to be a new record!

8.  Running out of munch money before finals week.

Those Sunday afternoon chicken nugget and quesadilla combo can really add up and burn you out.

9. Having to go to Regina from Spes.

Even though it is nothing compared to a state school, that walk/light jog over to make your next class can feel like a mini exercise if you’re trying to be on time! We only get ten mintues between classes most of the time!

10. Having to leave SMC and your belles for the summer.

I can’t be the only one who gets smick sick during the summer!

GIF’s 

Molly Briody

Saint Mary's

Molly is a junior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. Molly is majoring in psychology and minoring in social work. Ireland is her second home and loves anything to do with being on a lake, Chicago, listening to country music, and above all hanging out with her Belles!