The dreaded mid-semester slump is upon us, and if you’re like me, you’re trying your hardest not to succumb to the stress. Spring break is on its way, but we still have two more weeks to struggle through, so here are some tips for beating the slump!
1. Acknowledge when things aren’t going well, and reach out to others for help.
Realizing that you’re getting off track can be really helpful when trying to get back on top of things. Plus, getting help from your support system can make things so much easier!
2. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep.
This seems like a no brainer, but going from 4-5 hours a night to 7-8 will make a huge difference in your energy levels and overall attitude towards all of the work you have to get done!
3. Set aside time for self care.
Taking 10-15 minutes a day to spend on your own, doing something you love, will help you reset and have a clear head for the rest of your day.
4. For the love of god, eat something other than ramen.
I know it’s cheap and I know it’s easy but please eat a vegetable. Just one. Please. Your body will thank you.
5. Have a break countdown in your room or on your phone.
If nothing else works, at least this will help you count down the seconds until we’re finally on break!