SMC DH Fresh Baked Cookies, As Told By Mean Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

1- When you offer to go get a plate of fresh-baked cookies for your whole table of friends.

2- When that one friend is on a health kick and refuses your cookie offer.

3- When she tries to convince the rest of you to join her and you just aren’t having it.

4- When you walk up to the tray and pass girls with plates full of cookies all for themselves. (#gobelles)

5- When the angry mob of girls starts to form in the cookie line and you see the dining hall worker’s reaction.

6- When you’re in the back of the line and you aren’t sure if there will be any cookies left by the time you get up there.

7- When you finally get to the front of the line, but then realize that there aren’t any cookies left.

8- When you turn around and realize that the girl that was in front of you took the last three cookies all for herself.

9- When the dining hall worker imagines your reaction to this traumatic experience.

10- When he then agrees to put in another batch for you.

11- When you go back to your table and tell your friends that they were all gone.

12- When your one friend just gives up on the wait and realizes that she will need a substitute dessert tonight.

13- When the rest of your friends tell you to go back up there and wait until another batch is out.

14- When you’re waiting in line yet again and realize that there are oatmeal cookies on what is supposed to be chocolate chip Monday.

15- When you finally get to the front again and feel victorious after snagging the last couple of cookies for you and your friends.

16- When you see that the girls behind you in line are now quite hangry (hungry/angry).  

17- When you realize that they must think the whole plate is just for you.

18- When these same girls sit down at their tables near you and most likely report to their friends that you were the one who finished off the batch of cookies.  

19- When you get back to your table and tell your friends about the judgmental stares.

20- When you tell your friends that you were victorious in getting the last couple of cookies just for them.

21- When you bite into your first DH cookie after coming back from a break and are reminded of how wonderful they really are. No matter what kind!

22- When you and your friends contemplate just how many of these cookies you could eat in one sitting.  

23- When your one friend is about to go up for thirds.

24- When your other friend starts guessing how many calories are probably in each cookie.

25- When you all start to get depressed about your current eating habits.

26- But then you remind your fellow senior Belles that this is the last year you’ll get to indulge in these cookies.  

27- Because you know that without the DH cookies in your life you would just be a total mess.

#gobelles

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Kristin Murphy

Saint Mary's

Kristin is a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania working on her Master's in Social Work. She recently graduated from Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. Kristin is from Northport, New York and played the trumpet in the University of Notre Dame Band during college.
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's