Six Reasons We Should Enjoy April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

For college students, the month of April is crunch time. Tests, papers, group projects, and assignments all pile up with the same due dates. Our professors seem to have conspired against us in order to inflict as much misery upon us as possible. Our grades are on the line. Although this month inevitably brings stress crying and all-nighters, here are six reasons why we should stop and enjoy this month amidst the chaos.  

1. The sunshine

Finally, natural light has made its return! It’s still light out at 6 PM! That in itself gives us a reason to celebrate.  

2. The warmer weather

Try not to think about the 80 degree temps in LeMans – it’s warm again! We can walk to class in shorts! Running outside isn’t miserable! Embrace the heat, Belles.

1. Being able to work outside

Although April brings suffering, it’s eased by our ability to suffer through our schoolwork outside. Spending ten hours on an assignment in the beautiful weather is a thousand times better than spending ten hours in the confines of the library.

2. The blooming flowers

I know, the white trees smell. But the flowers are so pretty! And our campus looks a hundred times more photogenic than it already is. Take a second to enjoy the beauty surrounding you.

1. #TheReturn of fresh fruit

Fresh fruit is back, baby. Say goodbye to white pineapple and out-of-season watermelon and enjoy the mouth-watering fresh fruit that’s come back in season. Help yourself to some grapes while we’ve got ‘em (thanks, Sodexo!).

Summer’s just around the corner

We’re almost there, ladies. The end is in sight. Push through the pain of this last month — an awesome summer awaits us!

Ashley Hovorka

Saint Mary's

Native Chiburbian. Fitness enthusiast. My life can be summed up with the hashtag #TallGirlProblems.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.