The Saint Mary’s Women Who Inspired Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

With less than two weeks until graduation reflecting on my experience comes naturally. Here are some of the women I would especially like to thank.

1. Dr. Mooney: Thank you for being the calm leader for the first three years I was here. I remember being a freshman scared of this place when you told my class that the first four weeks here will not define my experience. You inspired me to hold on for the last four years no matter what came my way.

2. President Cervelli: Thank you for being so enthusiastic about Saint Mary’s. I remember meeting you when the school was still deciding who would lead Saint Mary’s after Dr. Mooney. You were so friendly and excited about the place, I knew you would be a great fit. You showed that there’s much to fight for this school.

3. Avery and Becky, class of 2015: Thank you for being the upperclassmen role models for me my first two years here. Thank you for the laughs, the advice, and being yourselves. I always search for your handprints in the tunnel to the dining hall.

4. The alumnae I’ve met: thank you for your kindness and your stories. Thank you for advice on finding jobs after graduation, it is nice to have people to reach out to. Finding others with the same ring is always a happy moment especially when they are willing to share the same level excitement of finding another Belle.

5. My classmates: Thank you for pushing me and always being there for me. From the time we were all nervous freshmen to now, I’ve never met so many supportive people that tried to make each other do their best. Here’s to all of us!

6. Dr. McManus: Thanks for being a mentor to me and for all of the tea I’ve had at your office. You showed me that majors do not matter when it comes to inspiring others and putting in your best.

7. Dr. Sayre and Dr. Zwart: thank you for being the coolest women in philosophy. No matter how hard classes got, I would never take them back.

8. All the women of the Communication Studies department: thanks for constantly challenging me and making me better in the process. I never regret taking your classes.

9. Squad: you are my second family. Thank you for all the crazy and sane moments of the last four years. I would have probably quitted everything if it wasn’t for your support.

We are Saint Mary’s.

Communication Studies and Philosophy, '17. When not studying, she's participating in shenanigans and making pop culture references. 
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.