In just two short months, I will officially be an alumna of Saint Mary’s College, which is such a crazy thought. People always say college will be the best years of your life, and I really could never understand that concept. Now that I am preparing for life after Saint Mary’s though, I have been reflecting a lot on my college years. While I cannot say for certain that these have been the best four years of my life because I still have so much more to live and experience, I can say for certain my time at Saint Mary’s has been unforgettable and life changing.
As I prepare to drive down the avenue after graduation and enter what everyone seems to call “the real world,” I will be taking with me my favorite things about my favorite place.
Here are a few of my favorite things about Saint Mary’s that have been a part of my unforgettable and life changing experience:
- Driving down The Avenue when seasons are changing
- Going on walks to The Grotto
- Walking around campus and always seeing a familiar face that will smile/wave to me
- Being in classes with my favorite professors
- Notre Dame football games
- Sitting in the dining hall with my favorite Belles talking about everything and anything, even if we don’t enjoy the food!
- Going to places like Evil Czech for Taco Tuesday with my favorite Belles and talking about everything and anything over food we do enjoy!
- Thursday night outings
- Sitting on the lawn in front of Le Mans
- The opportunity I have had to meet some of my best friends
The two months I have before graduation are going to fly by, but I am planning on cherishing every moment I have left at Saint Mary’s College because they have all been unforgettable and life changing!