Saint Mary’s College- Where Everyday is Trollstice!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Once upon a time, in a happy forest, in the happiest tree, lived the happiest creatures the world has ever known: The Belles. They loved nothing more than to sing, and dance, and hug. Dance, and hug, and sing, and dance, and sing, and hug, and dance and hug, and dance, and sing, and hug, and dance, and hug.

If you’re anything like me, your summer babysitting job consisted of two things: chalk paint and the Trolls movie. And if you’re really like me, you’ve grown extraordinarily fond of the cheery songs, excessive glitter, and adorable tale of friendship and true happiness. And if you’re really REALLY like me, there’s something else that makes you wanna sing and dance and hug… life at Saint Mary’s College.

Here are the top 5 moments SMC is full of Princess Poppy’s spunk, Lady Glitter Sparkle’s confidence, and Guy Diamond’s pizazz:

When you make it to Blinkie just in time:

Nothing beats seeing that flashing orange light coming down St. Mary’s Road as soon as you and your friends get to the spot by the lake. And when there aren’t 30 other Belles waiting to pile in… priceless.

Walking back from the library at night and being greeted by the great Saint Mary’s wildlife:

Was that a groundhog? A squirrel? A goose? A deer? Probably. Those squirrel cameras on the trees by McCandless are in for a real show.

Sign of peace at milkshake Mass? Hug time!

Settle in, kids. We all know how rowdy the sign of peace gets at ND and SMC Mass. The last few lines of the Our Father just turn into anticipation for this mayhem… especially on Thursday nights at Dillon Hall.

When you get the email blast about chicken nugget day at the dining hall

Never have email blasts been so well utilized. 25 minute wait? Worth it. So worth it.

Every picnic on the island, smile from a stranger, or late night dance party that reminds you how sweet and irreplaceable the Saint Mary’s sisterhood is.

Nothing says happy like the friendships at SMC. What better place to sing, dance, and hug than down the Avenue?