Non Horror Movies to Enjoy this Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Hocus Pocus

A Halloween classic, full of laughs and spooks. If you haven’t seen it, you need to!

Halloweentown

Another set of classics, watching Marnie learn her heritage and strength is such a fun thing to see when you binge all 4 movies; Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, Halloweentown High, and Return to Halloweentown!

Charlie Brown Halloween

No matter your age, Charlie Brown is a holiday classic that all should indulge in. Do you believe in the Great Pumpkin?

Garfield Halloween

My family is one for the oldies, so enjoy this blast from your parents’ past. Garfield’s sarcasm and humor is something we all can connect with.

The Halloween TreeI mentioned this title in a previous article for books, but this is movie I found a few years ago and fell in love with. Not completely accurate to the book but it is very close and is narrated by author of the story, Ray Bradbury, and has a character voiced by Leonard Nimroy. Enjoy the holiday and learn a few history lessons at the same time.

The Nightmare Before Christmas​The gateway movie to Christmas. The great debate, is this a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? Who cares, watch it year-round! Who doesn’t love Jack Skellington discovering something other than Halloween?

Enjoy Halloween and Stay Safe!

Sophomore transfer at Saint Mary's College, English Lit and Writing major
Allie Royce

Saint Mary's '18

Hope you find my work relatable and humorous.