This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

1. Serial

The Serial podcast, hosted by Sarah Koenig, is currently in its third season. The podcast focuses on aspects of the justice system, whether it be a murder case from 1999, a well-known military trial, or the daily grind of courtrooms in Cleveland, Ohio. In any situation, you will be at the edge of your seat, whether you are listening to season 1 or season 3. 

2. This American Life

A weekly “slice of life” podcast hosted by Ira Glass which explores various situations and stories in both the unique and in the typical American life. 

3. Dear Hank and John

Hosted by brothers Hank and John Green, this podcast gives advice based on submitted questions and discusses news on mars and on a European soccer team. 

4. Getting Curious

Hosted by Queer Eye star Jonathan Van Ness features interviews with stars and figures, public figures such as Reese Witherspoon, Florence Welch, and Justin Trudeau. Similar to the style of Queer Eye, the show is a fun and funny way to learn more about the people we idolize.    5. Star Talk Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson, this podcast features weekly guests as they discuss the universe and science. 

6. Jenna and Julian

Hosted by YouTubers Jenna Marbles and Julien Solomita, this podcast offers a new thing every week, whether it is bringing on a new guest or playing a game. Either way, it is reminiscent  of the fun YouTube videos they are so well known for. 

7. Steven Universe Podcast

The Steven Universe Podcast gives a behind the scenes look at the show’s creation and creative process. 

8. CBS Sunday Morning

Hosted by Jane Pauley, this news source offers more stories with an arts and culture lens, often discussing the eclectic aspects of human nature.   

9. Anthropocene Reviewed

Hosted by author John Green, this 15 to 20 minute podcast reviews two concepts or things on a 5 point scale. At some points hilarious and at other points harrowing, this hort podcast will leave you looking at the world a little differently. 

10. S-Town

A single season series, S-Town is about a Southern town and the opinion one man had about it.   

A senior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN studying Theatre, Film, and English. An avid lover of indie films, thrift stores, and color coding. Trying to do it all, sometimes succeeding.