Meet Your Campus Correspondents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Meet your Campus Correspondents!

Meet Allie! You can catch her obsessing over Terri Russ’s Hamilton class (yes, this is a real thing), jamming to Taylor Swift’s new hits, or lime biking!

Year: Senior…still feels weird saying that.

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Public Relations and Advertising, Sociology

Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Favorite Movie: Grease, it’s just a classic.

Favorite Food: Pizza…nothing too fancy.

Favorite Spot on Campus: The steps in front of Le Mans.

Chipotle vs. Qdoba: Oh, Qdoba every time. Queso, guac, chips? Is it even a question?

Jimmy Johns vs. Subway: I’m prepared for all the haters, but Subway. I like to make my own sub, plus the Chipotle southwest??? Come on, you can’t beat it.

Current Netflix Binge: Right now it’s Shameless, but I’m always re-watching The Office on the side.

Favorite Childhood memory: Wow, that’s a tough one. I guess I wasn’t so much a child but I loved nothing more than watching Sunday football with my Dad. Throughout high school my routine was get home from work Sunday afternoon, throw on my Ndamukong Suh jersey, wrap up in my Detroit Lions blanket, and cheer on the Lions…no matter how painful the game was to watch.

Dream Career: Hm…well once upon a time Sideline Sports Broadcasting would have been my answer. Not to say that it’s not a dream, but right now at this exact moment I would say it would be working as a Publicist in the Entertainment/Sports industry. But hey, working for ESPN wouldn’t be a shabby job either.

If you could give your first year self a piece of advice, what would it be? Fear less. This is something that I’m still to this day reminding myself. But I think as a first year I was SO nervous. Nervous about EVERYTHING. I would tell myself it’s not the end of the world if you say the wrong thing in class or if you need to ask for help. Take a chance and get involved, meet new people, and don’t be afraid to try.

What are you most looking forward to about your senior year? Well first of all I’m THRILLED to be living in an apartment, you wouldn’t believe the world of a difference it is compared to a dorm. I’m also looking forward to completing my Senior Comprehensive. Right now at this very moment it’s adding more stress to my life than I’d care to admit, and I’m sure it will all semester…but what a rewarding feeling it will be after doing almost a year of research. And honestly I’m really looking forward to enjoying my last year being this close to all of my friends. I don’t like to think about not living with all of my friends, so we’re enjoying it while it lasts.  

And meet your other campus correspondent, Colleen! You can catch me sitting in my room, drinking tea and reading, and you’ll NEVER see me on a Limebike, because fun fact, I don’t know how to ride a bike!

Year: Senior, and yes, I am in denial about it!

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Film Studies

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA- Go Steelers!!

Favorite Movie: Tangled!! The chameleon is so cute.

Favorite Food: French toast, or basically any breakfast food.

Favorite Spot on Campus: The island on the lake. It’s so cute and romantic!

Chipotle vs. Qdoba: Chipotle. Sofritas are my life.

Jimmy Johns vs. Subway: Subway!! Their meatball subs are CLASSIC.

Current Netflix Binge: Right now I’m watching Mad Men, and I’m obsessed. I just watched the season 1 finale, and holy guacamole, Penny!!

Favorite Childhood memory: Going camping with my dad and twin brother. Our camping location was literally right in the backyard of a Target, so I’ve been basic since a young age.

Dream Career: I want to work for NBC, specifically The Today Show. Matt Lauer, call me!

If you could give your first year self a piece of advice, what would it be? Open up to people! Don’t be afraid to be honest about how you’re feeling, because chances are, everyone else feels the same way, and being honest about your emotions is how you get close to people.

What are you most looking forward to about your senior year? I’m a Ministry Assistant, and I’m obsessed with it! I love building a community in Holy Cross. I’m also looking forward to finally just figuring out my life, where I’ll be living, and what my job will be! And of course, I can’t wait to have a great year with Her Campus!

Allie Royce

Saint Mary's '18

Hope you find my work relatable and humorous.
Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.