This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Congrats on making it halfway through the semester! Although we all love Sodexo, the meals might be becoming a little bit repetitive for you. There are only so many different combinations of sandwiches you can make before you just cannot take it any more. That is why I decided to ask my friends what the most creative thing they make in the dining hall is.  Thank goodness we go to such an innovated school, because the answers I got are great! Here they are, I promise you will not be disappointed by any of them!

Breakfast Wrap

This is a weekend brunch idea!

-Eggs (either in as an omelet or the scrambled)

-Cheese (I personally like the shredded cheese from the salad bar)

-Bacon or Sausage

-Hash browns 

-Wrap

Take all of the ingredients and mix them all up together. Then fold them into a wrap and place it on to the Panini press. You could also make this as a sandwich, including on a bagel!

Cinnamon Pumpkin Iced Coffee

This is my own recipe. I like to experiment with my coffee drinks after working as a green-wearing barista for a pretty well known coffee chain. This is my best combination.

-Ice

-Pumpkin Spice Coffee (basic, I know)

-Half and Half (or milk if it is all gone)

-Cinnamon Sugar (there is a bowl by the condiments)

-Whipped Cream (from the waffle bar)

Fill a cup completely with ice.  Pour the coffee directly over the ice ¾ of the way. Let that sit for a little while you go and get your food. Then add more ice to the top. Leaving room for cream. Add the cream and the cinnamon sugar to your taste. Then for an added sweetness, put a dollop of whipped cream on top. Treat yourself!

Pizza Bagel

I didn’t know this was a thing until well into my first year, but you can just take a bagel over to the pizza dude, and he will make it for you!

Chicken Burrito Bowl

Who needs chipotle when you have the Noble Fam Hall?

-Rice

-Chicken

-Lettuce

-Corn

-Roasted Veggies (Check the vegetarian section)

-Shredded Cheese

-Salsa (from condiment bar)

Pretty self-explanatory for this one, just put it all into a bowl! And if you do this on a day where they are severing a Mexican dish somewhere, you can usually find sour cream and guac that you don’t even have to pay extra for!

Quesadilla

This one is pretty easy! And delicious! You just have to do it on a day where there is the make your own sandwich station.

-Tortilla

-Chicken

-Shredded Cheese

-Salsa, Sour Cream, and Guac (if available)

Grab a tortilla from the make your own sandwich station. Load it up with cheese.  Then use two forks to shred a grilled chicken breast. Fold it over and put it on the panini press until the cheese is nice and melted!

Rootbeer Float

I always forget that this is an option. Always a good one when you are feeling nostalgic.

-Rootbeer

-Vanilla Froyo, or Ice Cream

Pour the Froyo into a cup. Fill a second cup with the Rootbeer. Add the soda gradually to the froyo, so it doesn’t overflow.

Chocolate Milkshake

If you are a fan of the Wendy’s Frosty, then you will love this!

-Swirled Froyo

-Chocolate Milk

Fill a cup ¾ of the way with swirled froyo. Then fill the rest of the cup with chocolate milk. Stir it all together and enjoy your free Frosty.

I hope you enjoy the recipes! 

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest!

Interested in writing for or being apart of HCSMC?

E-mail hannahdrinkall@hercampus.com or thereseburke@hercampus.com for inquiries! 

Junior psychology major at Saint Mary's College. Big fan of going concerts, the color pink, traveling, and dancing like I just don't care. 
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's