jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

If Saint Mary’s Had Boys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Saint Mary’s is a unique college experience on many levels, but the thing that really sets us apart is that we are an all women’s college. No boys. None of them. Literally no boys allowed. People assume Saint Mary’s is a giant sleepover all the time, and honestly sometimes it is. But what if Saint Mary’s was a co-ed school? Things might be verrrry different… 

First things first, we would no longer be the Belles. Let that sink in for a moment. No more “go belles!” 372 times a day

The amount of warm cookies in the dining hall would need to triple because hey, everybody loves cookies. 

Or maybe nobody is going to eat cookies anymore because suddenly there are boys watching us as we inhale cookies while getting chocolate all over the place. Literally everywhere. 

The amount of Taylor Swift jam sessions may actually increase….

Tampax probably would not be used as a brand example in marketing classes…

Girls might actually start wearing real pants to class…emphasis on the “might” for this one 

Suddenly all of our weekly wardrobes might expand from PJ’s and sweatpants. 

Wait for it…if there were boys, there comes the possibility of co-ed dorms… meaning…NO PARIETALS!?

There’d have to be some serious constuction going on to add men’s bathrooms in just about every single building on campus…

Girls might start wearing a lot more makeup to class…

Saint Mary’s would be quite different with boys. Some people think it’s weird that we go to an all girl’s school, but haters gonna hate. We love Saint Mary’s just the way it is. 

GIFs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Therese Burke

Saint Mary's