Heritage Week 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

We all know Saint Mary’s has a rich history- When the Sisters of the Holy Cross built their little boarding school in Michigan, I doubt they anticipated Saint Mary’s would become one of the most respected colleges in the nation. During SGA and the Alumna Relation Committee’s Heritage Week, we celebrate Saint Mary’s rich history and traditions, and learn more about past students and faculty that have helped shape our school into what is today- a place where women learn, grow, thrive, and find their sisters. Heritage Week 2016 is the perfect way to learn more about our amazing school, celebrate SMC’s rich culture, and maybe even score a free t-shirt!

Monday’s archive tours in the basement of Madeleva are perfect for learning about our school’s history. Learn fun facts about SMC and see amazing pictures and memorabilia. RSVP for Monday’s Heritage Week Dinner in Stapleton Lounge on OrgSync!

If you’ve always been curious about the inside of Riedinger House, or you just need a study break, come to Riedinger House (near the security hut) at 12 or 5 Tuesday for some tea in this super cute little house.

Wednesday night in the DH is the annual Father Moreau Dinner, and we all know how amazing the DH’s fancy dinners are. Fresh fruit, carving stations, and that dessert spread? YAS.

Thursday in Haggar Parlor is the poetry reading. Poems written by Saint Mary’s students about their love and experiences at this school will be read, so it’s a great opportunity to support your fellow smicks.

Heritage Week 2016 ends with trivia during lunch in the DH Friday. The questions are all Saint Mary’s-themed, and it’s a competition, so ladies, come to lunch prepared.

If how fun and fascinating these events sound doesn’t entice you enough, how about a free t-shirt? At select events, free long sleeve tees will be given to the first people to show up, and they are absolutely adorable!

We all know Saint Mary’s College is a special place, one we all love, respect, and cherish in our hearts. Celebrate the traditions, education, and friendships this school gives us by coming out to some of Heritage Week’s events!

Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's