February Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

As snow begins to melt, but temperatures remain chilly, it can be difficult to find a balance between winter and spring fashion. February can be a gloomy and slushy month, but with some fun colors and weather appropriate outfits, it can be a great opportunity to try out the latest trends!

Leather

Leather is always in style, and can keep you warm on dreary days! Pair a leather jacket or pants up with crimson or burgundy for a cool color combination that will keep you fashionable, comfortable, and warm. Add some booties and a leather bag to top off the look!

Dress Coat

Who ever said that you can’t wear a dress in the winter? Especially now that we are on the brink of spring, layering a cute coat over a dress is a great way to pull off a feminine look without freezing to death. There are a lot of really elegant, fashionable coats on websites like modcloth.com or oldnavy.com! Don’t forget some tights and flats to finish off the outfit.

Long Cardigans

Cardigans, leggings, and riding boots are a staple for the changing weather. This outfit is a super comfortable option for class or a walk over to Notre Dame. The warm and stylish ensemble can be easily thrown together, and is also very inexpensive!

Layering

Layering is a girl’s best friend! The best way to stay warm and stylish is to find some fun color combinations and pile the layers on. Pair the combo up with some black jeans or leggings and boots for a colorful late winter outfit!

The moral of the story, Belles, is that there are plenty of fun outfits to try out in the awkward time between winter and spring. Have some fun with it, and try out new ways to stay warm!

Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!

Brey Clark

Saint Mary's

Big on comedies, fashion, shopping, and HerCampus :)
Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!