An End of Semester Pep Talk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Hey BELLE! Yes, I’m talking to you. I know you’re feeling down. The school year is wrapping up and the whole, “this is due in April, no worries” mentality has ceased. You can’t grasp the fact that you have to spend three whole months without some of your favorite people. Your emotions are flurrying like the remnants of the winter snow. You may be experiencing the “I don’t know what I’m doing with my life” crisis. Or maybe you’re experiencing the “yikes, I have to graduate” crisis. Whatever it is Belle, YOU’VE GOT THIS! 

You are strong, you are smart, and you are beautiful! Life is tough, but so are you my friend! You go to Saint Mary’s College and you can handle anything that comes your way. There are people who love you and people who want to guide you. 

Professors think you’re capable of writing five papers in two weeks? What a compliment! Prove them right! Indeed you CAN write all those papers and CONQUER them! Pour yourself a cup of coffee and get it done! 

You have too many tests to study for? What an honor! You are learning so many cool things and one day you’re going to use them. Your brain never runs out of space. How cool is that? Your brain is AMAZING! YOU are amazing! 

You still don’t know your major is (me), guess what? It will come to you eventually! Nobody has it all figured out. You are “discovering the universe and your place in it” as Sister Madeleva would say. Still on that waitlist for grad school? No worries! You will end up exactly where you’re meant to be. God knows exactly what your future is, and He’s got it all planned out. You are going to be successful. You are going to be fulfilled. You are going to be happy. Any company or grad school would be lucky to have a belle like you among them. 

Belle, the world is your oyster. There is nobody in this world quite like you. Chin up queen, don’t let your crown fall! The sun will come out eventually. Surround yourself with loving friends! Diffuse some essential oils.Treat yourself to some cupcakes and ice cream! You deserve it! Never forget how smart, kind, and unique you are. Most of all, never forget that you are LOVED. 

Just an indecisive, first-year belle trying to discover the universe and her place in it.
Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.