Campus Cutie: Rosie Krzemien

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Meet Rosie Krzemien! Hailing from the East Coast, Rosie could not have better things to say about her four years at Saint Mary’s. Graduating in ust a few short weeks, Rosie will miss numerous things about the beautiful campus, but mostly she is grateful for the beautiful friendships she made, knowing they will stay with her forever.

Read on about this awesome redhead! 

Where are you from?- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

What is your major?- Double major in communicative sciences and disorders and psychology with a minor in gerontology

Why did you choose Saint Mary’s?- I chose Saint Mary’s because I wanted to go to a school where my professor could help nurture me into the young professional I wanted to become. I also liked the fact that my intended major, as well as my sport (club figure skating at ND) were offered in the same setting. I am also a HUGE Notre Dame fan from birth.

What does being a Belle mean to you?- Being a belle means being a confident, strong, kind and worldly woman. I am always so proud to talk to prospective and current students about my experience as a Belle because I have truly become the woman that I didn’t even know I had the potential to be. I know that once I graduate, I will have something to contribute because of what I learned here.

What is the best part of being a graduating senior?- The amount of things we get to do! Whether it’s bar crawls with your major, senior week, hooding or even using the excuse that we are seniors just to go out to the bars, I can say that I have had so much fun spending time with the girls from my class.

What is your favorite bar to go to with your friends?- As tough as this is to decide, I am a huge fan of Brothers and the Backer.

Which do you prefer, Rocco’s or Barnaby’s?- Rocco’s for sure, without a doubt!

Do you have any goals that you have yet to accomplish before graduation?- Probably spending time with my friends who are not graduating because as hard as it is to say goodbye to my friends in my own graduating class, I have to leave behind the girls who have been like (little) sisters to me.

Who was your favorite professor?- Janet Lovett. She taught me not to sweat the small stuff during clinical and made me feel comfortable in my own skin, even when I was being critiqued by others. My other favorite professor is Susan Latham. She’s a Saint Mary’s alumnae and without her, there would not be a CSD program at Saint Mary’s. I owe my whole educational experience here and my desire to become a speech pathologist to these two women.

What is your favorite memory from Saint Mary’s?-  One of my favorite memories at Saint Mary’s was probably tailgating with my friends every football season and absolutely never missing a game! The memories I have on football weekends are ones that are my favorite memories of college.

What will you miss most about Saint Mary’s?-  My friends. Whether it’s eating pizza at 2:30 in the morning, stealing wings from the dining hall on wing Wednesday or laughing as hard as we can for no apparent reason, they have always been so supportive of me and have taught me the true meaning of being a friend and sister. I know that after graduation we are going to miss each other so much (because we spend every waking moment with one another), but we will never lose the bond and connection we have as Saint Mary’s women and sisters. I can’t thank them enough for what they have taught me.

What will you miss most about being on the Notre Dame Figure Skating team?- Everything. I dreamed of skating in college since middle school, and I feel so lucky that I’m achieving my younger dreams. From being a scared freshman on the team to a team leader my senior year, not only has my role on the team and what it has accomplished taught me so much but the girls on the team are my second family. I don’t know what college would have been like without that wonderful group of girls.

What is your plan after college?- I plan on working in an assisted living facility as a care manager or as an assistant in a speech and swallowing clinic. I also plan on completing a Masters in gerontology from the USC Davis School of Gerontology.

Since you are almost done with your college experience, do you have any advice for those of us who are still in school?- Cherish every moment you have. Don’t let the stresses of senior year wrap you up in a tangled web of unnecessary junk and don’t be afraid to call your mom for advice every once in a while. Just enjoy hanging out with your friends, reconnect with those who you have lost touch with and embrace every moment of your time here at Saint Mary’s. It truly goes by so fast, especially when you try on your cap and gown for the first time. Embrace being a Saint Mary’s woman. 

Photos provided by the author

Anna Higgins

Saint Mary's

Saint Mary's College Class of 2016 Go Belles
Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!