Campus Cutie: Madeline Molloy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Meet this week’s cutie, Madeline! Whether she’s cheering on the Irish, laughing with her Belles, or on the phone with her mom, she is sure to bring a smile to your face! 

Hometown: St. Charles, Illinois

Major: Communications, English Writing Minor

Year: Sophomore

Dorm: Holy Cross

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

If I could pick anywhere to go in the world, it would be Paris.  The fashion to wear, the sites to see, and of course the croissants to eat- no doubt I would fall in love.

What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own? My turquoise scarf!  It’s so comfy and I think it has a nice pop of color!  And it goes with my eyes, I love it!

What is your favorite part about Saint Mary’s?

It’s so hard to pick from all the amazing things Saint Mary’s offers!  But if I had to pick, my favorite part about Saint Mary’s would be all the girls here.  I have met some of the most genuine, fun, and determined women at SMC.  The energy around here is so welcoming and loving.  These amazing women are the ones that make this place so special!

What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

My favorite thing to do on campus is to come home on a Thursday night, giggling with your best friends, going over that night’s events.  Calling for some pizza, busting open the peanut M&M’s, and laughing the night away over that dumb boy, or that you fell down the stairs (it’s just so dang slippery in there)! Those memories are ones I hold so dearly to my heart.  Best friends, late nights, ab-killer laughs, and pizza of course. 

You’re a “pommie”, what has that experience been like?

There are not enough words in the world to describe how wonderful Poms has been! Dance has always been such a big part of my life.  There is no greater high than the way I feel when I’m performing, and it only adds to the amazing experience of performing when I am able to do it with some of my best friends.  Going to practice is my favorite part of my day, so sharing the floor with these girls is so fulfilling.  It is so fun to cheer on a school I love with the ones I love.  There is no doubt that my poms have become a part of me.  I have passion in my poms!

Describe yourself in one word.

Genuine.

Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling?

Reynolds- Muscles, scruff, those blue eyes… How could you say no?

If you were stranded in the LeMans tunnel, what three things would you bring?

My carmex, I can’t go anywhere without it!  My phone, so I could talk to my mom while I was stuck in there!  And my bottle of water with lemon, it’s so important to stay hydrated!

Who has been your greatest inspiration while at SMC?

My greatest inspiration actually isn’t a person!  I really appreciate SMC because it encourages me to get in touch with my faith.  I came into college with almost a fear of God, faith just made me feel kind of awkward and uncomfortable.  But with all the support of Saint Mary’s, I have really come to embrace faith and God, it has been such an amazing experience for me!

You also model for Flourish Boutique, would you recommend everyone try it out?!

The women at Flourish are absolutely amazing people! So nice and uplifting!  It made me so happy to go and spend time with them, as well as try on some cute clothes.  Can you say “perfect job”?  I have loved modeling for Flourish!  Everyone should stop by and take a look at their clothes; cute, stylish, and really comfy! 

Any final words? 

Speak your truth, trust your journey, and always shake it like a pom-pom!

Photos provided by Madeline

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!

Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!