Campus Cutie: Hannah Drinkall ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is our very own Campus Correspondent, Hannah Drinkall, who just happens to be my roomie! Let’s hear all about this beautiful Belle!

What year are you? I’m a junior!

Where are you from? Lake Mary, Florida.

Major? I’m a double! English Writing and Communication Studies with a minor in Public Relations & Advertising.

Activities? I work for Phonathon, I’m an SMC Class Gift Campaign Chairwoman, I’m on the Notre Dame Sailing Team, and I love being with my Belles and Stanford hall bros.

What did you do this summer? I studied abroad in Greece and interned in New York City with Saint Mary’s alum and New York Times best-selling author, Adriana Trigiani! And I hung out alot at the beach with my mom. 

What is your position with Her Campus? I’m a Campus Correspondent alongside one of my best friends since freshman year, Therese Burke.

What has being Campus Correspondent done for you? Being CC has really done so much for me. I love helping girls submit their best work and really do feel so honored when they ask me to edit their work. I absolutely love writing so this is a great way to practice editing, as well. I have become a fast typer, and personally, definitely more organized.

How did you get involved with Her Campus? I became involved with HC the summer before my sophomore year at Saint Mary’s. I was following all things Saint Mary’s and Notre Dame-related on Twitter and came across Notre Dame’s Her Campus Twitter handle. I messaged them asking if they wanted a Saint Mary’s writer and they did! Therese joined me in the semester and after many meetings in LaFun and writing lots of articles about “across the street”, we finally realized that Saint Mary’s is the perfect school to have a Her Campus chapter. We started it up in December of 2013 and it has been so fun ever since. Also, last semester, I was a Chapter Advisor for ten other campus chapters and that was a really cool way to see a little bit of the behind the scenes aspects of HC.

What is your favorite thing about Her Campus? There are so many aspects of Her Campus that I love, it’s hard to pick just one! Of course, I love being a part of the #1 global community for college women, but my favorite thing is probably the practice I am getting in how to be in the professional communications and writing world. Being involved with Her Campus is a great way to practice sending professional e-mails, hold meetings, manage Google Docs and articles my writers send me, and being held accountable to not only myself, but to the people who are entrusting me to edit and publish their writing.

You attended the Her Campus conference this summer. How was that? Amazing! I was so happy I got to go because I learned so much and met so many cool people. The conference happened on a weekend in July, while I was interning in NYC so it was perfect! I love that so many girls came to the city for the weekend to learn from keynote speakers like Carly Rooney, Editor-In-Chief of “The Knot” magazine, and Jennifer Leven Bruno, Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer of “Town & Country” magazine. It was cool to hear from such amazing women, and then also learn from panels about how to get your Her Campus content views up, and tips for your chapter. Also, we got some awesome free stuff and I got to meet the presidents of HC!

Why do you think girls should write for Her Campus? Girls should write for Her Campus because it is a great arena for a little online portfolio! This site is so reputable and well-read, that it is the perfect place to reference for all your work! The site is very organized and it is so simple to direct people to your author page. Writing here is great because you know your article will be read.

Favorite quote? Phil 4:13 

and hashtag go belles….

Favorite thing about Saint Mary’s? I guess my favorite thing would be a combination of everything. The friends I have made here and my mentors, professors, and bosses have all already created a lasting impact on my life. I love having Notre Dame across the street, where I have the best guy friends and insanely exciting football Saturdays…but can return back to my safe haven of an all-girl’s school. So I guess that was just a long way of saying that my favorite thing about Saint Mary’s is the people. And LeMans. I literally live in a Princess Castle.

Favorite movie? The Parent Trap. Hands down. Forever and always.

Favorite spot on campus? I have two. Obviously The Avenue gives me chills. And then my room, 403 LeMans. Mary (you!!!) and I have the perfect view of Lake Marian and the dome.

Favorite place in the world? Besides SMC? The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland for sure.

Favorite food? My mommy’s lemon tilapia.

and birthday cake…

Some fun facts? I lived in Guam when I was two, I write my “H” like Hilary Duff, and I have two middle names. 

Celebrity crush? Chace Crawford.

Inspirational figure? My sister. She’s 4 years younger but actually the best person I know. 

And then Taylor Swift.

Favorite song? Alan Jackson’s “Little Bitty” will always have a special place in my heart.

Final words? Once A Belle, Always A Belle.

Thanks, Hannah!

Photos provided by the author

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!

Mary Gerth

Saint Mary's

Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!