Campus Cutie: Christine Cummins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Christine Cummins, Saint Mary’s Class of 2016, transferred this past Fall from College of Charleston in South Carolina. Leaving the sun, co-ed classes, and sororities behind, she followed her heart to Saint Mary’s where she, so far, has had, “the time of her life.” 

1) Why did you transfer? “I have family that went to both to Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s. I chose not to attend my freshman year, but then realized it was really where I wanted to go because I love it.”

2) Was it easy to transfer in? “Luckily my mom made my first friend here for me! I was super stoked to come here and was kind of prepared to make friends right away or experience the complete opposite, but I find both ND and SMC students extremely welcoming and friendly.” 

3) What’s the difference between here and Charleston? “The weather and not having the beach…but here I found liveliness in school spirit. Here in South Bend, the spirit is extremely unique and something that I will be apart of for the rest of my life.”

4) Classic question-what’s your major? Business.

5) Where are you from? Manasquan, New Jersey. 

6) Favorite color? Turquoise.

7) Favorite food? Mashed potatoes.

8) Favorite place to go to think? The ocean.

9) Favorite word? “Groovy.”

10) Describe your perfect evening in South Bend: “Being a belle, we love everything and anything. I find not too many of my nights here in South Bend that boring.”

11) If you could have any super power: “To fly because I have a terrible fear of birds so I would wanna chill out with them talk to birds.”

12) What makes you cry? “99% of movies and goodbyes.”

13) Celebrity role model: One Direction.

14) Favorite memory of South Bend so far: “Accidentally referring to my friends and I as “smickers” to a Notre Dame alumna, not knowing that the term was not commonly used – I pulled the transfer card real fast after that.”

15) Describe yourself in three words: “Happy, talkative, animal lover.”

16) Any final comments: “My dog is my world.” 

Photos provided by the author

Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!