Campus Cutie: Allie Royce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Name: Allie Royce

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications Major, PR and Advertising Minor

Why Saint Mary’s?

My best friend talked me into going to Senior Preview Day (which meant I got to miss a day of school, so I went), and after sitting in the Intro to Communications class I was hooked. There was something about the dynamic and relationship between the professor and students that really stood out to me. Honestly, I didn’t even know what a Communication Studies major entailed, but I knew I wanted to take that exact class I had sat in on, and two years later I have officially decaled as a Communication Studies major.

If you could think of one thing about SMC to be your main selling point to an incoming freshman, what would it be?

Singing and dancing to Beyonce on dining room tables, while eating breakfast, is a thing here. If that’s not a seller, I don’t know what is.

Describe your sophomore year so far in one word.

Unpredictable.

Go to study snacks?

Swedish fish, Cheese-Its, and a berry hibiscus from Starbucks.

Celeb crush?

Do I have to choose just one?!

-Obviously Niall Horan (how I love that Irish lad. heart eye emoji)

-Jordan Fisher (fell in love after watching Grease Live!)

-Liam Hemsworth (for obvious reasons)

Favorite song lyric?

“What I do isn’t up to you” –The City, Ed Sheeran

If you could only choose one sauce on nugget day for the rest of your time here at SMC, what would it be?

Easy, bbq.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

I see myself married to Niall Horan, broadcasting for ESPN, and hanging out with T-Swift in my free time.