This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Midterms are upon us, so now is the time to make sure you are staying on top of all your classes and on top of your health!

1. Take care of yourself. I know you need to study for your exams and write a million essays, but at the end of the day, if you aren’t taking care of yourself, you won’t perform any better in your classes. Eat, sleep, drink water. These things may seem easy to sacrifice, but doing so ultimately hold you back.

2. Talk to your professors. Your professors want to help you is you’re struggling. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them if you feel overwhelmed or confused about the class.

3. Plan your week out. Classes and projects can pile up fast, so take the time before things get crazy to decide when you will get things done. Even if the plan changes later on, writing it out will help center you as the deadlines approach.

4. Exercise good study habits. Don’t cram! Find your best study habits, then mix it up.

5. Exercise in general. Go for a walk or a run with a friend, hit the gym, or do yoga in your room. After working on classwork, your body deserves the burst of energy and endorphins from physical activity.

6. Study with a friend. A friend will (hopefully) keep you on track and can help you study. Plus, it’s nice to have a friend so you don’t feel like you’re going insane after hours in the library.

7. Do something for you. Take breaks to relax. Read your favorite book, scroll on Instagram, take a nap, or doodle.  

A senior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN studying Theatre, Film, and English. An avid lover of indie films, thrift stores, and color coding. Trying to do it all, sometimes succeeding.