7 Reasons Why Nursing Majors Make Great Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

You have to admit, what would you do without your nursing major besties by your side? They accept you, help you, and occasionally make fun of you, but all in all, they make great friends. So cheers to you nursing majors, we couldn’t survive our college years without you. Here are 7 reasons why you guys have made everyone’s college years a bit more happy and healthy.   

1.     They accept your exaggerated injuries

Whether you burn your hand on your straightener or accidentally face plant walking home one night, who do you call? Your nursing major bestie. Thanks for helping us regain our sanity after freaking out about a paper cut. 

2.     They seem to always be there at your worst

From my experience, nursing majors have a calling for helping others… even if it’s not in the most professional way.

3.   They’re always the first to diagnose your illness and provide medication.

Your head is throbbing, your muscles ache and you want your mom. Your nursing major bestie is the next best thing. It’s also extremely convenient that they store copious amounts of Advil in their room.

4.    They seem to know everything about everything

Psychology, biology, math, chemistry, whatever it is, nursing majors always manage to help with literally any college struggle. 

5.     They really know how to scare you out of making bad decisions

Bad eating habits, lack of exercising, and even social life decisions, nursing majors can definitely persuade you into making better choices for your health.

6.     They have the best stories involving awkward experiences with the elderly

Nursing majors can be some of the funniest people you meet in college. Need a laugh? Ask a nursing major about their day at clinicals. They’re bound to have something funny to share. 

7.     So to all you nursing majors…

Sincerely,

an extremely accident and illness prone college student.

Molly Briody

Saint Mary's

Molly is a junior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. Molly is majoring in psychology and minoring in social work. Ireland is her second home and loves anything to do with being on a lake, Chicago, listening to country music, and above all hanging out with her Belles!