7 Reasons To Get Excited For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Just when I was starting to get settled in this cooler weather we’ve been getting here in the Bend, I made the mistake of peeking at the forecast for this week. I have a little piece of advice for anyone tempted to do the same: don’t. It’s discouraging and cruel. So, in order to combat the dread that hits at seeing 90 degrees for Tuesday afternoon, I decided to compile a list of the heavenly delights that await us come autumn. It’s officially September, ladies. We can do this.

1. Sweater Weather

Finally, no more walking into your room and plopping down in front of your fan that has been on high since the day you moved in. No more sweating through clothes on the walk to class—or up the stairs for that matter. No more suffocating in your sleep from the utter lack of any kind of air movement whatsoever.

2. The PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte)

The basic in me could barely hold back from putting this as #1.  What I love about this season is that consumers have put it on themselves to try to incorporate pumpkin flavoring into almost everything. While I appreciate the effort, and often take advantage of it, you can’t beat the classic.

3. Apple-picking

This is one of my favorite fall activities. There is nothing like spending a sunny yet cool afternoon walking an orchard, surrounded by the aroma of fresh-baked pumpkin doughnuts and homemade apple cider. The apples are pretty good, too.

4. Scarvesscarvesscarves  

Who doesn’t love a good scarf? And when I say scarf, I mean a proper fall scarf. Save the silky stripes and the woolen bundles for the other seasons. Now is the time to break out your softest, coziest scarves. The kind that compliment denim and flannel and olive green perfectly (okay, I may be diving into my personal dream wardrobe…)

5. PSL!!!

Oh, did I already mention this? #sorrynotsorry

6. The colors

Boy does the Midwest know how to do fall. *Cue snapshot of the Avenue in all her golden glory.

7. Halloween

Personally, I’ve always been more partial to Christmas, but who can resist the allure of dressing up as something/someone else for a night? I mean, when else is it socially acceptable to wear a Scooby Doo costume for the whole evening and gorge on a bag of fun-size candies?

So hold tight, Belles. Keep those fans on high (is medium too hopeful?), but get that sweater bin ready because before you know it, PSL season will be upon us.

Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.