7 Quotes that Prove Amy Poehler Actually Went to Saint Mary’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Whether you know her as Amy Poehler, Leslie Knope, Mrs. George, Tina Fey’s BFF or the funny blonde from SNL, we can all agree that she is nothing shy of hilarious. But did you also know she was a SMC grad? PSA: that is 100% not true. But throughout the years, she has given some advice that feels as if it came from a Belle herself.

Like,

When you switch majors five times…

” I think we should stop asking people in their twenties what they want to do and start asking them what they don’t want to do. Instead of asking students to declare their major we should ask students to list what that will do anything to avoid. It just makes a lot more sense.”

When your Smicks recap a night at Feve…

“Going from crying to laughing that fast and hard happens maybe five times in your life and that extreme right turn is the reason why we are alive and I believe it extends out life by many years.”

When you DFMO…

“Forget the facts, remember the feelings.”

When you have heart-to-hearts walking to the grotto…

“The physical act of walking combined with the opportunity to look out at the world while you are sharing your thoughts and feelings is very comforting to me.”

When you’re dancing on an elevated surface at the bar…

“Nobody looks stupid when they are having fun.”

When you complain about how much work you have to do…

“The talking about the thing isn’t the thing. The doing of the thing is the thing.”

When you’re feeling guilty about going out on a Tuesday night…

“Don’t worry about the choices you make because everything will be fun.”

You heard it here first, Belles. If Amy approves, it’s okay. After all, she’s not like a regular mom. She’s a cool mom.

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest!

Interested in writing for or being apart of HCSMC?

E-mail hannahdrinkall@hercampus.com or thereseburke@hercampus.com for inquiries! 

Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's