This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

1. Shrill

Starrin Aidy Bryant and based on the memoir by Lindy West, Shrill explores life as being an overweight woman. 

2. Broad City

The show explores the lives of two women living in New York. While one if working to get her career off the ground, the other is doing everything she can to avoid work, and instead finds herself in crazy scenarios as a result.

3. The Bisexual

The show explores leading character Leila’s sexuality as a bisexual woman after she breaks up with her girlfriend and how she must juggle exploring relationships with men without alienating a lesbian community which is coming to terms with the other side of her sexuality. 

4. Pen15

A 90’s set coming-of-age story that’s perfectly cringeworthy. Addressing topics commonly experienced in the most awkward points of puberty and adolescence, the show captures what it is like to be in middle school. 

5. Man Seeking Woman

The show chronicles the absurd aspects of love and dating after leading character Josh Greenberg, played by Jay Baruchel, breakups with his girlfriend. 

A senior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN studying Theatre, Film, and English. An avid lover of indie films, thrift stores, and color coding. Trying to do it all, sometimes succeeding.